Monday 7 September 2015

WIP

Here's the head sculpt. I did it in Sculpey, then removed the mouth, eyebrows and sockets. I'll bake this then put the soft Sculpey over it it. I'll also paint it a bit in the future, as the baked Sculpey isn't the same shade as the raw.
The center is tinfoil, to keep it light. I placed a K&S piece inside the head with some milliput so I can swap the necks on and off. One problem I always have is the neck wearing down, so having a detachable neck is important. But we'll see if there's any issues with that. I'm also using K&S for the arms, so I can swap hands when they get dirty or broken.





Unfortunately the eyeballs aren't working out. The outer varnish isn't drying on the inside. Hmmm. Didn't have this problem before; could be because I'm using Testors with a Humbrol enamel. Humbrol was ordered two months ago and still not here.
Here's what we sewed for the outfit. Added wires . Will use starch to keep the clothes stiff.
Paper hair over tinfoil!

Mongoose hands. Always wrapping everything in Saran wrap...protect, protect, protect. The Mongoose limb on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment