Tuesday 1 March 2016

WIP Feb 29th

WIP March 1 2016 from Chantal Beaulne on Vimeo.

Things are starting to press on me. February hardly felt like it was here. I've pulled more all-nighters than I care to admit to, although in the end I must admit I'm not sure they're worth it. I'm often tired and have difficulty getting out of bed. I'm lucky to have a few people who make sure I get a laugh now and then. I'm eternally grateful to Lorelei, who keeps me determined to see this through. Sorry for lack of updates; there just didn't seem much to add. I'm getting some great help for the colouring. Cheers to Katie Li and Laurel Thomson, you life savers. The 2D parts need a little more integration with each other. My decision to add some light coloured backgrounds to some and nt others is jarring, I think. On the plus side, I've figured out what was causing my render problems. Case in point, I started rendering the file for this post at 4pm. It took nearly 12 hours to render, and in the end got stuck on one frame. Turns out mixing PNG image sequence files, .Mov files, and odd-sized sequences spell disaster. So I precomped it in AE and rendered it out separately. Also Media Encoder can add time as well, so rendering directly in Premiere also helped. My second render took...15 minutes. I've been dealing with 12 hour renders for 2 months. What a relief this is. On a second note, Peanut Butter sandwiches can dangerously fill you up so you forget to eat supper until 2 AM. It's like eating a cement sandwich, only slightly more likely to seal your mouth shut forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment